A champagne for celebrating: Champage is eponymous with celebration, and for the 2012 Christmas season the historic Champagne House of Moët et Chandon is celebrating by releasing The Diamond Collection— a collection that not only embodies luxury of champagne, but that expresses the permanence of the famous house from which it hails. The heart of [...]
At the untimely death of her husband François Clicquot in 1805, Barbe Nicole Clicquot Ponsardin, aged just 27 years old, became the “Veuve” or Widow Clicquot and inherited her husbands’s champagne house “La Maison Clicquot.” Instead of fading into the background, she chose to take charge of the business- an unprecedented decision. Equipped with great [...]
After more than a year of close collaboration, the prestigious Champagne house Dom Pérignon and the famous American filmmaker David Lynch have come together to create the cuvée “Dom Pérignon by David Lynch.” Dom Pérignon chose to collaborate with Lynch as they are of a kindred spirit—both exemplifying the qualities of “mystery, intensity, commitment, time, [...]
Creativity, originality and, of course, a classic style are the hallmarks of the iconic Champagne House of Veuve Clicquot. One of their latest and perhaps their most unique packaging yet is “Le Fridge”- a gift that will make anyone’s eyes sparkle with delight. Nostalgia reins with 1950’s retro chic miniature fridge draped in a charming [...]
Since its founding in 1812, the Maison of Laurent-Perrier has been counted among the greatest champagne brands, enjoying an international fame. This success is cultivated by the Maison Laurent-Perrier thanks to an unfailing respect for traditions and values such as love of quality, the extreme consideration of their men and their wines and by carefully maintaining [...]
Since its creation in 1818 by the marriage of Elisabeth Salmon and Nicolas-François Billecart, the House of Billecart-Salmon has remained independently family owned, conserving 7 generations of know-how and the integrity and quality of its wines. The blend of the prestigious cuvées of Billecart-Salmon, with is Collection and Vintage ranges, is carefully achieved thanks to the [...]
The Dynasty of Taittinger : Pierre Taittinger, the founding member of Champagne Taittinger, first encountered and fell in love with the region of Champagne as a young officer during the First World War. After the war, his passion for wine and gastronomy drew him back to the region where he, along with his brother-in-law, plunged [...]
The crown jewel of Champagne: The name Krug is synonymous with prestige. Founded in 1843 by Joseph Krug, the reputation of the house has been built and maintained over centuries by the distinctive style and unparalleled quality of its champagnes. As the only House to produce five distinct prestige cuvées, many consider Krug the jewel [...]
An extraordinary champagne: Beyond being a great champagne, Bollinger is a great wine. It all begins in the vineyards where the highest quality standards are in place for only selecting the best grapes from the best plots. With 163 hectares, Bollinger owns and operates more than 60% of the vineyards which it needs: a unique [...]
About The Millesima UK Wine Blog
Explore the world of wine with the Millesima UK wine blog. Here, you'll find video reporting, producer profiles, wine suggestions and industry coverage.
- Dom Pérignon 2003 by David Lynch 10 December 2012
- Robert Parker’s website • Bordeaux 2010 ► Saint-Estèphe 18 February 2013
- Château Haut-Bailly: the magic of Pessac 31 January 2013
- Clos Fourtet 2010 – awarded 98 points 4 March 2013
- Right Bank 2010 Parker Favourites 5 March 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012: Chateau Rauzan Gassies, Carbonnieux and Clos de Sarpe 17 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012: Pomerol 2012 16 May 2013
- En Primeur 2012: Chateau Malescot St Exupery and Chateau Montrose 16 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012: Pessac-Leognan 2012 and Sauternes 2012 16 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012 releases: Chateau d’Issan and Chateau Beychevelle 15 May 2013
- Bordeaux 2010: James Suckling and Wine Spectator ball before Robert Parker: [...] Saint-Estèphe [...]...
- Millesima: Hi Graham, Thanks so much for your interest in ...
- Graham Kidd: Hello. Can you tell me where my nearest stockist ...