Millesima announces the release of Château du Tertre 2011. Alexander Van Beek, General Manager of the appellation Margaux estate describes his experience with the vintage and how the cabernet sauvignon has played a key role in creating the 2011 wine. This is a vintage typically Medocain, because there is nice acidity in the wine and [...]
Charles Chevallier, Manager Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) sits down with Millesima to describe the weather and harvest conditions for his 2011 vintage of Lafite-Rothschild. He explains a particularity of Lafite-Rothschild, that the wine will close up while developing in the bottle, before opening up again and expressing the complexities at the perfect moment of [...]
Millesima announces the release of Château Pontet Canet, Grand Cru Classé in 1855, AC Pauillac. Chateau owner Alfred Tesseron explains why balance and purity are integral aspects of his 2011 vintage, and the importance of working in a forward manner, rather than backwards. We have a wine that is balanced, and balance is very important [...]
Here is the most recent update of the Châteaux that have released their pricing for the 2011 vintage. To keep up with the updates, don’t forget to sign up for Millesima’s Wine Alerts by clicking ‘Keep Me Informed’ for your favourite estates and appellations on our website. Carmes de Rieussec Château des Annereaux Château Olivier [...]
Millesima speaks with owner of Chateau Labegorce Nathalie Perrodo Samani and General Manager Marjolaine Maurice de Coninck about their 2011 vintage. This wine from the Margaux appellation is a great example of hard work paying off in a difficult vintage. 2011 is indeed a technical year for the winemaker, where I think, patience, perseverance and [...]
Jean Gautreau, Owner of Château Sociando-Mallet (Haut-Medoc) shares with Millesima his thoughts on the 2011, and how they compare to his recent vintages of 2008, 2009 and 2010. He believes that in the last four years wonderful wines have been produced on his estate, noting the fact that 2011 is underrated. 2011 is a very [...]
Château Chasse Spleen Céline Villars-Foubet, owner of Château Chasse Spleen took a moment with Millesima to share her thoughts on the 2011 vintage. Although 2011 was not the easiest vintage, Céline notes that: We still have our expertise, and always have a certain pride as growers because we took advantage of the difficult times and [...]
Dear Readers, Welcome to our brand new Millésima Blog. Based in Bordeaux we aim to regularly post short and juicy information for you to savour in a break at work, on your iPad while in transit or comfortably on a sofa. Post will varyingly be written by either Abby or me, Louisa. Please excuse the [...]
About The Millesima UK Wine Blog
Explore the world of wine with the Millesima UK wine blog. Here, you'll find video reporting, producer profiles, wine suggestions and industry coverage.
- Dom Pérignon 2003 by David Lynch 10 December 2012
- Robert Parker’s website • Bordeaux 2010 ► Saint-Estèphe 18 February 2013
- Waiting for Parker’s notes 1/2 11 February 2013
- Parker’s 2010 Pomerol Favourites 6 March 2013
- Parker’s 2010 Pessac-Léognan Favourites 7 March 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012: Vieux Chateau Certan and Chateau Leoville Las Cases 23 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur 2012: Chateau Figeac, Chateau Leoville Poyferre, Chateau Nenin, Chateau Latour Martillac 23 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur: Chateau Cheval Blanc 2012 prices released! 21 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur: three Saint Julien 2012 release and one Margaux 21 May 2013
- Bordeaux En Primeur: Chateau La Conseillante 2012 21 May 2013
- Bordeaux 2010: James Suckling and Wine Spectator ball before Robert Parker: [...] Saint-Estèphe [...]...
- Millesima: Hi Graham, Thanks so much for your interest in ...
- Graham Kidd: Hello. Can you tell me where my nearest stockist ...